Kara Hayman, Associate Director, Full-time MBA Admissions at the Haas School of Business, posted four tips on how to submit your strongest application.
If your application will be stronger in Round 2, don’t rush to submit in Round 1!
Apply as early as possible, but make sure your application is the strongest it can be before applying.
“Your best application is better than a rushed application!”
Get to know Berkeley-Haas
Why is Berkeley-Haas a good fit for you both personally and professionally?
“Genuinely knowing our program, our community, and our culture’s 4 Defining Principles with help you craft a stronger application.”
Take your time with the essays
- Answer the questions — don’t just write what you think the School wants to hear!
- Give yourself enough time for multiple essay revisions.
- Seek feedback on your essays from close friends, family, and colleagues.
- Ask if your essays really represent you.
“We want to get to know you through your essays so be sure to be honest, genuine, and share examples that will really represent you.”
Pick recommenders who know you well.
- Give your recommenders enough time to write strong recommendation letters!
- Meet with your recommenders to discuss your professional accomplishments and why you’re pursuing an MBA
“We usually see stronger and more compelling examples when a recommender has worked closely with you.”
Read more detail about each of these tips by visiting the UC Berkeley admissions site here.