We have introduced you to the principles and practices we use at MBA Prep School to help our clients earn acceptance letters to the world’s most selective business schools. While we recognize that the program we have described is rigorous and demanding, it reflects the competitive realities of preparing for a competition in which only about one in five contestants will emerge victorious.
GMAT preparation, while important, is insufficient if you want to earn an acceptance letter at a top-tier business school. You need to optimize the other five key elements of your application: resume, essays, reference letters, application form, and interviews.
You must prepare to be accepted.
Let’s close with a review of the journey we have taken you on in this website and some of the insights, case studies, and exercises we have shared that will make a real difference in your MBA applications:
- Outstanding grades, career progress, and leadership potential are required to qualify for a top-tier business school.
- Prior to beginning our intensive, 12-week MBA Prep Steps Program™, there are things you should do to ensure that your strongest application emerges. We showed you how to assess your candidacy and how to take proactive steps to address the “dings” and make it stronger.
- We shared a comprehensive set of exercises that you can use to discover your strengths and develop the Content Building Blocks of an outstanding application.
- We provided you with a step-by-step approach to define your career goals. The process we recommended will prepare you for the career goals essay and create a blue print for your future and for making a positive difference in the world.
- We showed you how to look beyond the magazine rankings to rank schools based on factors that truly matter to you including how well they match your academic needs, career goals, and cultural expectations.
- You learned how to identify the qualities the schools you are applying to value most so that you can ensure that all the elements of your application – resume, essays, recommendation letters, and interview answers – prove that you are a better fit with those schools than your competition.
- We helped you to understand what admissions officers expect in an MBA application resume and how to exceed those expectations.
- We supplied guidance on how to write more powerful essays and a writing program that you can follow from first draft to final draft.
- We taught you how to make effective choices about who will write your letters and then how to coach and support your references to significantly increase the likelihood that great letters will result.
- We explained the different sections of the application forms and provided answers to the questions applicants frequently have on those forms.
- We helped you to better understand the admissions interview and offered best practices that will help you to ace the “final exam” of the MBA admissions process.
Creating your business school application is like building a mosaic. Each tile adds something new until a picture of you comes into focus for the admissions committee. You are now ready to build your mosaic. You now have the Content Building Blocks and you have found the best spot for each one in your resume, essays, recommendation letters, application form, and interview answers.
An acceptance letter to a top-ranked MBA program can be life changing. Our company’s mission is to be your step-by-step guide for earning an acceptance letter to the world’s best business schools. We are honored that you have placed your trust in MBA Prep School as your guide in this challenging and rewarding endeavor.
Good luck and Prepare to be Accepted!™