Last Updated: November 20, 2019
- “Client” (or “you”) refers to you.
- “Consultant” (or “we”, “us”) refers to Prep School Media LLC.
- “Parties” refers to both of us.
- “Lead Consultant” refers to the individual assigned by us to deliver the service to you.
B. Assignment of Lead Consultant/Switching consultants
- Upon payment of the agreed upon fees, we will assign a Lead Consultant to you for the duration of the engagement Term. The Lead Consultant may be supported by a team of one or more of the firm’s associates to deliver the Services purchased.
- You will have an initial call/meeting, lasting 60 minutes or less, with your assigned Lead Consultant. If you decide the Lead Consultant is not the right fit, email email@example.com within 3 days of your first meeting to be reassigned to a different Lead Consultant. Changing consultants outside the Refund Period is not permitted.
- If a satisfactory Lead Consultant cannot be agreed upon within the 14-day refund period following the date of purchase, you may terminate the engagement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be refunded 100% of the fees paid to us.
- We must commit resources and incur fixed costs to fulfill our service obligations to you under this Agreement. For that reason, refunds are only permitted within 14 days of the purchase date (the “Refund Period”). After the Refund Period, no refunds will be permitted for any reason.
D. Scope of Service
- The Scope of Service is based on whether you purchase a comprehensive school package or hourly consulting services.
- Comprehensive School Packages: Comprehensive services will be provided to guide you and support you in completing your applications for the agreed upon number of schools that you purchase. These services include School Selection, Application Strategy, Career Advice, Application Document Editing, Essay Guidance, Reference Letter Advice, and one Mock Interview. If you purchase two or more schools you will receive a second mock interview by a second consultant on our team.
- Hourly Consulting: For hourly consulting services, consulting support will be provided on any area or areas of the application that the Client would like assistance with, up to a maximum of the number of hours purchased. Please note that time used by your Lead Consultant in editing/reviewing materials, responding to messages via email, text, and/or telephone, as well as live conversations are billed against the total number of hours you have purchased.
E. Upgrading or Adding Services
- Within 30 days of the purchase date, you are permitted to apply fees paid toward additional services by paying the difference between the fees for those upgraded and additional services and the fees already paid. This requires mutual agreement by Client and Consultant and requires confirmation of the availability of the Lead Consultant or other provider prior to the upgrade.
- Adding a school to a Comprehensive School Package more than 30 days from the date of purchase costs $2,000 USD per school.
- Hours may be added to an Hourly Services Package at the effective per hour rate of the original purchase. Hours added will have a new expiration date, which is determined by the number of hours purchased.
F. Term of Engagement
- The end of the Term (“Term Date”) is determined by the specific service purchased. Extensions beyond the Term Date are not permitted. The Term Dates are as follows:
- School Packages: 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Hourly Packages of:
- 5 hours or less: 30 days from the date of purchase.
- 6-10 hours: 60 days from the date of purchase.
- 11 hours or more: 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Client agrees to cooperate fully with Consultant by preparing all necessary application materials and by scheduling of all services within the Term of this Agreement.
- The Services will be provided solely within the Term of this Agreement, with the exception of waitlist guidance for Comprehensive Services which may be scheduled outside the Term, if or when necessary.
- The Consultant’s services will be deemed complete by the end of the Term after which the Consultant will have no further obligation to the Client.
G. Client Responsibility for Originating Content on a Timely Basis
- Client has requested, and Consultant has agreed to provide, counsel and editorial guidance on the elements of the Client’s application.
- The Client understands that s/he is solely responsible for generating — on a timely basis — all original ideas, content, outlines, and drafts of all application materials, including essays, resume, reference letters, application forms, and interview responses.
H. No Warranty; Limitation of Liability
- Consultant provides no guarantee of admission or other result to any educational program. Client understands and acknowledges the risks associated with the application process and accepts this risk and uncertainty.
- Consultant does not warrant that application materials will be free of errors, omissions, typos, and/or grammatical mistakes.
- The Client agrees that Consultant’s (Prep School Media LLC and inclusive of its officers, managers, employees and agents) total aggregate liability to Client for any and all disputes, injuries, damages, claims, losses, causes of action, costs, expenses and attorney fees arising out of this Agreement and/or in connection with Consultant’s services is limited to the amount paid by the Client under this Agreement.
I. Timing and Method of Payments
- For Hourly Consulting Service, payment in full is due by credit card at the time of purchase.
- For Comprehensive School Packages, a downpayment of $2,500 USD is collected by credit card at the time of purchase. The remaining balance is due 15 days after the Purchase Date, (i.e., the day following the end of the Refund Period).
- The payment of any balance due may be made via Wire or Bank ACH transfer to avoid convenience charges. Credit card payment of any balance due is allowed but incurs an additional 5% convenience fee.
- Late payments will incur a penalty of 10% of the balance due plus 1.5% per month. For late payments, services will immediately cease and will not be resumed until the outstanding balance and penalties are collected in full.
J. Confidentiality and Non Disclosure
- At all times, both during the term of this Agreement and after termination, the Client agrees to keep and hold all Consultant’s Proprietary Information in strict confidence and agrees not to use or disclose any Proprietary Information without the prior written consent of Consultant, except in connection with completing Client’s applications.
- All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration held in Los Angeles County, California using the services and Fast Track Rules of the American Arbitration Association.